All glories to Sri Guru and Sri Gauranga
Gaudiya Festival Dates
2003 to 2004 - Sri Gaurabda 518
Dates and times calculated for Calcutta, India, as referred to at Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math, Sri Nabadwip Dham.
This calendar is based on the translation of the Bengali Vaisnava Calendar, "Sri Gaudiya Parvva Talika," compiled by Sriyukta Dibyendu Bhattacharyya, M.Sc., B.T., Jyotibhushan, Headmaster.
Translated to English by Sripad Bhakti Nirmal Acharyya Maharaj.
|March | April | May | June | July .... The remainder of the calendar will be made available as soon as possible.|
For dates earlier than this, please refer to the 'Gaudiya Festival Dates' for 2002 to 2003.
19. (Wed) 1 Vishnu. Krishna-pratipada. Paran by 9:45 a.m. Anandotsav of Sri Jagannath Misra. Last gathering of the week-long yearly meeting at Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math and yearly festival.
23. (Sun) 5 Vishnu. Krishna-sasti. Festival at Appearance Place of Srila Bhakti Raksak Sridhar Dev-Goswami Maharaj, Sripat Hapaniya: Grand Appearance of the Holy Deities of Sripat Hapaniya, Sri Sri Guru Gauranga Radha Gopinathjiu at Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Ashram. Appearance of Tridandi Swami Srimad Bhakti Saran Santa Maharaj. Pancham dol.
25. (Tues) 7 Vishnu. Krishna-astami. Appearance of Srila Srivas Pandit.
28. (Fri) 10 Vishnu. Krishna-ekadasi. Fast. Pap-bimochoni Ekadashi.
29. (Sat) 11 Vishnu. Krishna-dvadasi. Paran by 9.40 a.m. Festival of Sriman Mahaprabhus auspicious arrival at Varahanagar. Disappearance of Srila Govinda Ghosh Thakur. Disappearance of Sripad Satyendra Chandra Bhattacharyya.
7. (Mon) 20 Vishnu. Gaura-panchami. Appearance of Sripad Ramanujacharyya and Tridandi Swami Srimad Bhakti Hridaya Bon Maharaj.
9. (Wed ) 22 Vishnu. Gaura-saptami. Appearance of Tridandi Swami Srimad Bhakti Vilas Tirtha Maharaj.
11. (Fri) 24 Vishnu. Gaura-navami. Sri Rama-navami. Fast until noon. Appearance of Sri Ramachandra. Appearance at noon.
12. (Sat) 25 Vishnu. Paran by 9.33 a.m. for those who fasted the full day.
13. (Sun) 26 Vishnu. Gaura-ekadasi. Fast.
14. (Mon) 27 Vishnu. Gaura-dvadasi. Paran by 8:06 a.m.
16. (Wed) 29Vishnu. Purnima (full-moon). Rasayatra of Sri Balarama. Vasanta rasa of Sri Krishna. Appearance of Srila Vamsivadananda Thakur and Srila Syamananda Prabhu.
21. (Mon) 5 Madhusudan. Krishna-panchami. Disappearance of Sripad Krishna das Babaji Maharaj.
23. (Wed) 7 Madhusudan. Krishna-saptami. Disappearance of Srila Abhiram Thakur.
26. (Sat) 10 Madhusudan. Krishna-dasami. Disappearance of Srila Vrindavana das Thakur.
27. (Sun) 11 Madhusudan. Varuthini Ekadasi. Fast. Sriyukta Saurindranath Bhakti Varidhi Prabhus disappearance.
28. (Mon) 12 Madhusudan. Krishna-dvadasi. Paran by 9:26 a.m.
1. (Thur) 15 Madhusudan. Amavasya. Appearance of Srila Gadadhara Pandit.
2. (Fri) 16 Madhusudan. Appearance of Tridandi Swami Srimad Bhakti Aloka Paramahamsa Maharaj.
3. (Sat) 17 Madhusudan. Appearance of Tridandi Swami Srimad Bhakti Vichar Jajavar Maharaj.
4. (Sun) 18 Madhusudan. Beginning of 21 days Chandanyatra of Sri Sri Jagannath Dev. Aksaya-tritiya good day to start some works.
6. (Tues) 20 Madhusudan. Gaura-panchami. Appearance of Sripad Sankaracharyya. Disappearance of Tridandi Swami Srimad Bhakti Vilas Gabhastinemi Maharaj.
8. (Thur) 22 Madhusudan. Jahnu-saptami. Sri Jahnavi Puja (Sri Ganga-puja).
10. (Sat) 24 Madhusudan. Gaura-navami. Appearance of Sri Nityananda-sakti, Sri Jahnava Devi, also of Sri Rama-sakti, Sri Sita Devi.
12. (Mon) 26 Madhusudan. Gaura-ekadasi. Mohini-ekadasi fasting.
13. (Tue) 27 Madhusudan. Gaura-dvadasi. Paran by 9:22 a.m. Rukmini Dvadasi vrata.
15. (Thur) 29 Madhusudan. Gaura-chaturdasi. Sri Nrisimha-chaturdasi: Appearance day of Sri Nrisimhadev. Full fast until after sunset, then no grains (anukalpa).
16. (Fri) 30 Madhusudan. Purnima. Paran by 9:21 a.m. Sri Krishnas Phul-dola and Salil Bihar. Disappearance of Srila Parameshwari das Thakur. Appearance of Srila Srinivas Acharyya. Buddha Purnima: appearance day of Lord Buddha.
17. (Sat) 1 Trivikram. Krishna-pratipada. Disappearance of Tridandi Swami Srimad Bhakti Saranga Goswami Maharaj.
20. (Tue) 4 Trivikram. Krishna-panchami. Disappearance of Srila Ramananda Raya.
26. (Mon) 10 Trivikram. Krishna-ekadasi. Fast. Apara-Ekadashi.
27. (Tue) 11 Trivikram. Krishna-dvadasi. Appearance of Srila Vrindavana das Thakur. Paran between 7.42 and 9.20 a.m.
31. (Sat) 15 Trivikram. Amavasya.
1. (Sun) 16 Trivikram. Gaura-pratipad. Sree Chaitanya Saraswata Krishnanushilana Sangha, Dum Dum Park, Calcutta: Sri Sri Guru-Gauranga-Radha-Madana-Mohanjiu installation day festival.
4. (Wed) 19 Trivikram. Gaura-chaturthi. Disappearance of Srila Bhakti Gaurava Giri Maharaj (Sripad Paramananda Vidyaratna Prabhu).
10. (Tue) 25 Trivikram. Gaura-ekadasi. Not fasting. Dasahara. Sri Ganga Puja. Appearance of Sri Ganga Mata Goswamini. Disappearance of Srila Baladeva Vidyabhusan Prabhu.
11. (Wed) 26 Trivikram. Gaura-dvadasi. Fast of Nirjala-ekadasi (without water).
12. (Thu) 27 Trivikram. Gaura-trayodasi. Paran by 9:22 a.m .Mahotsav of Srila Raghunath das Goswami at Sripat Panihati
14. (Sat) 29 Trivikram. Purnima. Snan Yatra (bathing) of Sri Jagannath Dev. Disappearance of Srila Mukunda Datta and Srila Sridhar Pandit.
15. (Sun) 1 Vaman. Krishna-pratipada. Disappearance of Srila Syamananda Prabhu and Sripad Rishabdev Das Adhikari.
16. (Mon) 2 Vaman. Krishna-dvitiya. Disappearance of Sri Gaurahari Bhakti-sampad.
19. (Thu) 5 Vaman. Appearance of Srila Vakresvara Pandit.
25. (Wed) 11 Vaman. Krishna-ekadasi. Yogini Ekadasi. Fast.
26. (Thu) 13 Vaman. Krishna-dvadasi. Paran by 9:24 a.m. Disappearance of Sriyukta Rama Devi.
29. (Sun) 15 Vaman. Amavasya. Disappearance of Srila Gadadhara Pandit and Srila Sachchidananda Bhaktivinoda Thakur.
30. (Mon) 16 Vaman. Gundicha Marjana: cleaning Gundicha Temple at Sri Puri Dham, and cleaning all Temples of the Lord.
1. (Tue) 17 Vaman. Rathayatra of Sri Jagannath Dev. Disappearance of Srila Swarupa Damodara Goswami Prabhu.
...The remainder of the calendar will be made available as soon as possible.
What's New? | Math Index | Useful Downloads
Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math, Nabadwip